Musings of a CuriousGanja

Thursday, November 27, 2008

[16] Self Torture

Last couple of weeks, I have been at my slacking best. Winters are not my fav season, and this time it is worse than the past years in Florida. Since I got this new queen size blanket, getting out of it in the mornings is soo agonizing. Research too has reached a semi dead end and spent most of the time spacing out in the lab. Missed couple of deadlines in couple of major homeworks and research deadlines and casual with other Aal baal activities which I love. In short, Murphy is after my tail and I have been sleepwalking thru life. So I needed some severe shock treatment. And on thanksgiving day I decided to provide just that by watching Padmashree Laloo Prasad Yadav and to record my horror story I am blogging it so that it will be a reminder everytime I get into those phases.

A rude awakening it was. It is the epitome of bad movies. Trust me, it cannot get worse than this. It felt as if Mahesh Manjrekar had to be on dope to direct such a crap after decent movies like Vaastav and Astitva. SuniEl Shetty gave a idiotic performance as usual. He thought adding an 'E' to his name will improve his acting performances. Just his image can grind my gears. A comedy which had dialogs that tried hard to be funny but ended up like jokes of a bored fifth class student. I am just amazed at the creative talents of the scriptwriter to come up with such cheapness.

You must watch this movie if you want to know how bad a bad movie can be. Personally, it was not just a waste of 2 hrs for me as this was a therapeautic movie which blasted me out of the trance and am grateful for it. Not only that this movie is like a tapas because it helps in pushing my abilities in tolerating crap.

When the shit hits the fan some guys run and some stay. I stayed and endured. The CuriousGanja challenge of the month is to watch this movie without mentally switching off.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rahul Khare said...

Challenging pappa??
Saale i had this movie loaded in my comp during my college days. I have seen it innumerable times. This is one movie u can not miss! There are so many scenes that will kill u laughing... esp scene with gay vibes betn Suniel n jonny lever, thn so many scenes with gulshan grover n the one whr jonny lever stammers n is nt able to speak his name!! thn mahesh manjrekar! in short.. ha ha ha ha ha ha [sar peeche fek ke]

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

surely it deserves best critic award

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ganja's Counter
Ganja's counter